The digital advertising landscape is evolving to meet customer’s demands. More consumers inclined towards digital channels to shop, research and look for product recommendations. Customers have a very specific attitude toward brand engagement. Marketers rely on social media, SEO, paid advertising or email marketing to gain leads. Last few years, the digital marketing arena has witnessed changes.
Few of the developments/key insights related to digital marketing are mentioned below:
- High Adoption of Digital Video
- Video marketing has become a crucial marketing trend nowadays. Digital video is highly adopted by advertisers as its impact is very high on the customers. As per the experts, video leads to a higher return on investment. Spend on digital video is continued to be high and has the potential to achieve customer’s attention. Consumer switching to video on demand could create an opportunity for streaming platforms.
- Rise of Mobile Advertising
- Mobile advertising is the communication of products or services to smartphone consumers and mobile device. The mobile advertising spectrum ranges from message services to interactive advertisements.
- Mobile advertising is an important aspect of mobile marketing. Mobile advertising is estimated to witness high growth in years to come. In 2018, the mobile share of the U.S. digital ad market climbed to a major share of total digital ad spending. The majority of the US population watches video on mobile.
Artificial intelligence (AI) has been rapidly adopted in digital marketing. Organizations are dependent on the edge features of Al and other firms are also putting in efforts. For example, companies such as Uber, pizza hut, Microsoft has already adopted Al to automate various activities.
- For example, Chatbots are a perfect example of AL and these virtual assistants use instant messaging to chat in real-time with customers.
Moreover, these also offer benefits such as meeting customer expectations, automating repetitive tasks, good quality service and respond 24/7.
Voice Search and Smart Speakers
- Organizations are rethinking their digital marketing strategies due to the increasing use of voice search. AL is a smarter technology and has led to a reduction in errors made by popular voice assistants such as Alexa, Siri, and Google. Adopting a voice search strategy is about designing a unique and optimized consumer experience that will nurture relationships and strengthen brand loyalty.
The emergence of Content Marketing
- B2B marketers agree that content helps audiences see their brand as a credible and trusted resource. Therefore, marketers will continue investing in content due to the value put by Google on well-researched and regularly updated articles.
- Content marketing will continue to play a massive role in attracting new customers to websites and building relationships with them in a real and quantifiable manner.
- Omnichannel marketing is the method of employing varied platforms to provide the audience with a better experience. It is also important for the brands to present consistent messages across offline and online mediums. Technology is transforming the way brands communicate with tech-savvy consumers and expect a personalized experience.
- An omnichannel approach leads to better engagement, higher purchase frequency and higher customer retention rate. Artificial intelligence plays a role in helping brands understand consumer behavior to create a personalized advertising campaign.